My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington DC

Sunday, October 04, 2009

In memory of the worst day of my life

Have you seen my red balloon?
I lost her one October noon.
I held her tight with all my might,
Yet she slipped swiftly towards the moon.

Have you seen my red balloon?
I loved her on that afternoon
She was red and bright, a pure delight,
String trailed her like a comet’s tail.

My red balloon, my red balloon,
I loved her on that afternoon.
I held her tight with all my might
How did she ever slip away?

She floated toward the heavens blue
A soft breeze swept her like a broom
I turned to salt with an anguished gaze
As she vanished in autumn’s haze.

Why must balloons all fly away?
I would have loved her all my days.
What cruel force pried her from my grip?
And pulled her upward toward that haze?

My red balloon, that warm noon
I recall this on a winter’s day.
Would I be cold with her to hold?
Oh! That I too would drift away.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home