My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington DC

Monday, June 13, 2011

Interest in my book, CRAPSHOOT INVESTING, seems to be fading by the looks of the Amazon rankings; yet I have begun to get word that readers are recommending the book to their friends and relatives, which is significant. Word-of-mouth advertizing is personal and powerful and it is a sign to me that I should not despair of selling out the first printing of 5,000 books.
I am adressing an investment club on Wednesday in Bethesda, Md., a wealthy D.C. suburb. I hope to generate word-of-mouth activity there.
An Indian publisher recently bought the rights to the book. A Chinese university than specializes in graduate finance courses bought the rights back in April. So I am hopeful for a surge after the current sales hiatus.
I've been reviewed positively by the Huffington Post and some blogs and n the Library Journal. I had been hoping for more extensive coverage.
My beloved Barron's ran an excerpt, which helped, as did a plug by Cavuto. The White House Chronicle broadcast, which ran twice, was also a big boost to sales.
The best boost, however, is when someone tells a friend., "You've got to get this book!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home